Planning a romantic dinner for two? Cancel that restaurant reservation and suggest a more intimate date night at home where you can kick off your heels, lay back, and be comfortable. The best part of this arrangement is that you have control over how you would want to #Wellnessize your meal! To #Wellnessize is to take small steps to wellness like preparing healthy and decadent dishes for your romantic date night.
Impress your partner with these #Wellnessized dinner recipes you can whip up at home:
#1. Sundried Tomato and Red Egg Pasta
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp garlic, chopped
¼ cup onion, chopped
¼ kg chicken liver, chopped
3 red eggs, chopped
1 300g can diced tomato
½ cup water
¼ cup sliced sundried tomato
1 8g sachet MAGGI MAGIC SARAP
pepper and sugar to taste
400g cooked angel’s hair pasta
¼ cup sliced leeks
- Heat olive oil. Sauté garlic and onion until translucent and fragrant.
- Add chicken liver and red eggs. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour-in canned diced tomato and water. Stir-in sundried tomato.
- Season with MAGGI MAGIC SARAP, pepper and sugar to taste.
- Top pasta with the prepared sauce. Garnish with leeks before serving.
Candle light dinner in your patio or in the balcony. Prepare a small table so that it seats only two people. Adding a long-stemmed rose in this picture would not go unappreciated, too!
#2. Beef Broccoli
2 tbsp cooking oil
2 tbsp chopped garlic
1 small onion sliced
½ kg beef sirloin, sliced thinly
½ cup MAGGI OYSTER Sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar to taste
1 tsp MAGGI MAGIC SARAP
½ cup water
½ cup sliced carrots
3 cup broccoli florets
- Heat cooking oil. Stir fry garlic and onion until fragrant and limp.
- Add in beef and cook until it changes color. Season with MAGGI OYSTER SAUCE, brown sugar and MAGGI MAGIC SARAP.
- Pour in water and bring to a boil. Add carrots and cook until fork tender.
- Stir in broccoli and continue cooking until cooked but not wilted. Serve immediately.
This is a meal you may enjoy in your dining area but be sure to step up your game. Use the new plates and the shiny utensils. Change the table cloth. Set your favorite table mats. Put a pretty centerpiece. Dim the lights. Start the conversation.
#3. Rib Rub
½ cup minced onion
1 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp salt
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp garlic powder
½ cup calamansi juice
1 sachet MAGGI MAGIC SARAP 8g
1 ½ kilo boiled pork ribs
1 cup banana catsup
½ cup cooking oil
- Combine onion, brown sugar, salt, black pepper, garlic powder and calamansi juice and MAGGI MAGIC SARAP in a bowl and mix well. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Apply rub evenly over the ribs. Leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes. Grill over heated charcoal for 10 minutes each side while basting with banana catsup-cooking oil mixture.
Indulge in this savory goodness in the comforts of your backyard. There's nothing like having dinner under the stars.
Wellnessized food, good music, soft lights and the company of your beloved partner--what could be better?