Tis the season to be jolly, and also the season when you receive countless invitations for small gatherings. What can you bring that would be festive and flavorful?
Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered! We’re sharing a few #Wellnessized potluck recipes that might come in handy. To #Wellnessize is to take small steps to wellness. You can start doing that by bringing these nutritious, yummy dishes to your next party!
Appetizer: Chicken in coffee and spice with greens, avocado, orange and glazed walnut salad
For the chicken:
1 tbsp cumin
1 8g MAGGI MAGIC SARAP
1 tbsp NESCAFÉ Classic
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp chili powder
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 kg chicken breast fillet
For the salad:
1 piece avocado, seeded, skinned and sliced
1 whole orange, skinned and cut into segments
For the orange vinaigrette:
1/4 cup cane vinegar
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1 tsp MAGGI MAGIC SARAP
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
For the glazed walnuts:
1 cup walnuts
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp NESCAFÉ Classic dissolved in
1/4 cup water
1 tsp cinnamon
- Combine marinade in a bowl. Rub chicken with the marinade and let stand for 30 minutes. Grill chicken until golden brown or about 15 minutes. Set aside to rest.
- Toss salad ingredients together in a salad bowl.
- Whisk together orange vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl.
- In a skillet combine walnuts, sugar, dissolved coffee and cinnamon. Cook while stirring constantly until dry and syrup is coating the walnuts. Transfer in a cookie sheet to continue drying. Set aside.
- To assemble salad: Arrange tossed salad ingredients on a platter. Put sliced chicken on the side. Serve with a drizzle of the orange vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
Side Dish: Fruit and Shrimp Relish
1 cup NESTLÉ All Purpose Cream 250ml
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 red apple, finely chopped
¼ cup crushed pineapple
100g shrimp, shelled, blanched in water with MAGGI MAGIC SARAP then chopped
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 sachet MAGGI MAGIC SARAP 8g
½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- Combine NESTLÉ All Purpose Cream and mayonnaise in a bowl. Set aside.
- Mix apple, crushed pineapple and shrimp. Toss with cream-mayo dressing.
- Season with curry powder, garlic powder and MAGGI MAGIC SARAP. Top with grated cheese.
- Serve with crackers or serve as bruschetta topping.
Tip: This can be eaten as is but also goes well with bread.
Main Dish: Cheesy Baked Salmon
1 kg boneless salmon fi llet
1 8g MAGGI MAGIC SARAP
salt and pepper to taste
juice of 1 lemon
1 250g NESTLÉ D’Lite Cream
1 cup grated quick-melting cheese
½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
1. Season salmon with MAGGI MAGIC SARAP, salt, pepper and lemon. Transfer on a glass baking dish.
2. Pour over cream on top of fi sh. Sprinkle with grated cheeses.
3. Bake on a 350°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheeses are melted and brown. Remove from heat and serve with buttered vegetables and steamed rice.
Dessert: Langka and Parmesan Cheesecake
1 cup crushed Graham crackers
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 bar cream cheese, softened
1 NESTLÉ All Purpose Cream 250ml
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp calamansi juice
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped sweetened langka
- Combine Graham crumbs, butter and sugar. Press crust onto a round spring form pan or onto individual serve containers. Keep in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Cream together cream cheese, NESTLÉ All Purpose Cream, Confectioner's sugar and Parmesan cheese. Add calamansi juice, vanilla extract and chopped langka. Continue mixing until fully incorporated and smooth.
- Transfer cheese mixture onto the prepared crust. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours or more. Sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese when served.
Drink: Melon Chill with Melon Jelly
1 tbsp unflavored gulaman
2 cups water
1 cup melon balls
1 cup NESTLÉ Fresh
- Dissolve gulaman and NESFRUTA Melon in water. Refrigerate until set.
- When set, sliced into cubes. Set aside.
- In a pitcher combine cube NESFRUTA gelatin, melon balls, NESTLÉ Fresh and ice.
- Serve in individual glasses to serve.
Enjoy your small gatherings and be sure to inspire your friends to #Wellnessize their holiday meals too!