Sun’s out! It’s the perfect time to enjoy a simple family picnic. Be sure to bring a soccer ball, a badminton set, or a Frisbee disc so you can spend a few minutes bonding over sports before cooling down and enjoying your snacks.
Grab this opportunity to #WELLNESSIZE with your family. This is all about taking small steps to improve health and wellness, especially when it comes to food.
Here are 3 recipes recommended by Nestlé Wellness Club's Chef Tess:
The amino acids found in protein-rich food like chicken plays a significant role in our diet, especially for active people, as these are the building blocks of our muscles.
1 whole chicken, cut into serving pieces
1 8g MAGGI Magic Sarap
¼ cup MAGGI Soy Sauce
¼ cup cooking oil
1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- Rub chicken pieces with MAGGI Magic Sarap and MAGGI Soy Sauce. Marinate for at least 20 mins.
- Heat oil and sauté onions for 2 minutes or until crisp tender, then set aside.
- In the same pan, add marinated chicken and pan-fry until golden brown, reserving the marinade. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add back fried onions in the same pan and the remaining marinade. Stir-in prepared chicken and cook for another minute. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
FRESH FRUIT SALAD
We get a variety of vitamins and minerals from the different fruits that we eat. Putting a good mix of fruits together means wellness and yumminess all in one bowl.
1 ½ cup unpeeled cubed red apple
1 ½ cup unpeeled cubed green apple
1 cup seedless red and green grapes
½ cubed canned peaches
1 cup cubed ripe mango
(or your preferred fruit combination)
½ cup toasted walnuts
½ cup condensed milk
1 can NESTLÉ Cream 300g
½ cup cubed cheddar cheese
- Combine fruits and nuts in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine NESTLÉ Cream and condensed milk. Mix well to fully incorporate dressing.
- Toss-in salad ingredients with the prepared dressing. Add in cheese.
- Chill for 4 hours before serving. Serve cold.
JAM-FILLED BUTTER COOKIES
Yes, we may indulge in tempting sweets while keeping your family healthy. One good tip is to use fruit-based jams in your desserts, like this cookie recipe.
1 cup salted butter
2/3 cup sugar
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp vanilla
½ cup mango jam
½ cup strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350?F. Cream butter, sugar and vanilla. Set aside.
- Spoon tablespoonful of cookie dough and roll into 1 inch diameter balls. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Using a teaspoon, press balls in the middle and fill holes with your favorite jam.
- Bake 30 minutes until golden brown.
Be sure to pick a nice spot to enjoy these picnic-friendly recipes as you and your family watch the sunset together.